Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Resort Hopping

Hi y'all! My name is Wyndie and I'm a resort hopper. Yes, I am one of those indecisive people who constantly changes her mind about which resort to stay. I have changed our current trip resort so many times that my family doesn't even want to hear about the "new" resort, because they know that I'll just change my mind again.

What's ironic about my "addiction" is that when it comes to my clients, I have no problem helping them choose their resort. I can tell you why you should pick a certain resort, what amenities I think you'll enjoy, and why it is the perfect choice for your Disney adventure. When it comes to my trips......I can NEVER decide.


One of my issues is that when you take a trip to Walt Disney World, or WDW, you have to choose between 5 value resorts, 5 moderate resorts, 8 deluxe resorts and 7 deluxe villa resorts. This does not include the WDW good neighbor resorts, the Ft. Wilderness Campground or the Dolphin and Swan resorts. That is a lot of different resorts. Then to make it even harder, they all have different reasons why you would want to stay at each resort.  Some have awesome pools with slides, some have spas and exercise facilities, some have great restaurants, some have fabulous amenities like boats for rent and carriage rides, etc.

I admit that I have not stayed at all of the resorts at WDW, which is why I am having a difficult time deciding which resort to choose. My DS demands a pool with a slide, okay he isn't demanding one but really wants one, and with DD still in a stroller we need to have easy access to a room regardless of the floor. This means the value resorts are out this trip and we must have an elevator in case we don't get a ground level room. That does make our choosing easier, but that still leaves us with many options.

As of today, I am thrilled to announce that we are staying at the Port Orleans Riverside in a Royal room.   The royal rooms are beautiful and accessible by elevator. POR has a great pool with a slide plus a pool bar. The resort has great amenities including boat rentals, fishing, and carriage rides.  I am very excited about our resort and our room type, and don't anticipate another change.  But, I'm not promising anything.

What is ironic about our current resort is that it was the very first resort we chose and 5 changes later, we are back to the Port Orleans Riverside. What does that tell y'all?  Yep, I had it right the entire time.  Reminds me of when I was in school and the teacher would tell you that your first guess on a test was usually the correct guess. I can't tell y'all how many times I changed an answer, after over thinking it, only to find out later I was correct the entire time. Maybe there is a lesson to be learned here.

I hope that this doesn't have you questioning my abilities as a Disney Travel Planner. In fact, I like to look at it as a positive. You can be asured that I have thoroughly researched every single WDW resort, as well as Disneyland resorts, Disney Cruise Line rooms and the Aulani resort, and can help you pick the resort that is right for your family. Plus if you realize that you are a resort hopper, there is no need to worry that I will find it strange.  Maybe I should have some buttons made for us..."I'm a Resort Hopper!".

As always, I'd love to hear from you.  Let me know if you, or anyone you know, is a resort hopper.

See y'all real soon,

Wyndie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments with profanity, vulgarity, or attacks on readers, writers, commenters, etc. will not be published.